Ogatia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am working on making this and will edit the description when ready.

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Basic Character Creation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Basic Character Creation Empty
PostSubject: Basic Character Creation   Basic Character Creation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2020 8:08 pm

Why Isn't There A List Of Races?

Many RP forums have their own list of races for players to choose from, I get that. However, Ogatia is not other RP forums-- and here, I have decided it would be more interesting and make things easier for everyone to create a character they really want to play by refraining from creating a compendium of pre-made races for everyone to pick from. All fantasy races and creatures are allowed here, as are many horror species. Players are even allowed to create original races and submit them to the "Player-Created Lore" board for others to play, if they want. There are some restrictions, though:

~No gods or deities of any sort.
~No immortal beings.
~No all-powerful or all-knowing characters.
~No time-travelers.
~No modern or futuristic characters.

Do I Have To Wait For My Character To Be Approved?

Nope! Once you post your character(s) sheet(s), you can jump in wherever you want! The only time you'll be messaged about your character sheet is if they break Ogatia's lore, which is something that won't ever happen, as long as you adhere to the above paragraph.

Can I Play A Bad Guy?

Hell yes, you can! Antagonists and villains are a lot of fun to play-- and they add an interesting element to any RP! So, you are more than welcome to create and play them here.

Can I Play A Child Or Old Person?

Absolutely! Children and the elderly aren't usually represented on fantasy RP forums. So, if you want to play either (or both) you are certainly welcome to do so!

Can I Play An Animal?

That is an interesting question, just because this is not an animal RP. Sapient fantasy creatures are far easier to play than common animals like cats, dogs, horses and cows here. In Ogatia, the common animal is just that, an animal: they do not speak, do not have magic and are incapable of more human-like thought processes. However, if you think it would be fun to play an everyday, run-of-the-mill pig, for example and you can pull it off, then more power to you.

Does My Character Have To Be From The Towns On The Forum?

The settlements currently available as RP areas are not the only places on Ogatia. The world is a "living" one, which means it will grow and change depending on what happens during the course of RP and there are many places that simply haven't been discovered yet. So, your character can definitely have originated from a different area of the world.

Can I Use A Picture?

You are not permitted to use a picture in place of writing a description of your character. However, you are more than welcome to have an avatar, or to use a picture along with the written description.
Back to top Go down
https://ogatia.forumotion.com

Basic Character Creation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ogatia :: Instruction Manual :: Guidebook-
Jump to: