Ogatia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am working on making this and will edit the description when ready.

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Playing Ruling (And Noble) Characters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Playing Ruling (And Noble) Characters Empty
PostSubject: Playing Ruling (And Noble) Characters   Playing Ruling (And Noble) Characters I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2020 8:06 pm

I Want To Play A Monarch!

Playing the leader of a country is a lot of fun! However, the requirements for playing one are more in-depth than any other type of character. To begin with, you need to make sure there is an opening for a new monach in the county you are interested in reigning over.

You need to be active in order to play a monarch. While real life does come before everything else, you cannot expect to be allowed to create a ruling character, then vanish without a trace. If you make a ruling character, then don't log in for a few weeks, your character will be removed from the throne and someone else can take that position. Unless you have posted on the Absences board, stating that you'll be gone for an extended period of time, of course.

Once you have created your ruling character, you reign over the country of your chosing. This means your character is now responsible for dealing with their country's politics and subjects, deciding what festivities or celebrations might be held, meeting with other players' monarch characters and engaging in IC negotiations. While this does allow for even more RP opportunities, it also gives your character more responsibility.

OOC, when you play a monarch, you are responsible for your country's lore. While the basics are provided and do not need to be changed, you do need to make it your own. Create country relations with other monarchs, design your own celebrations and festivities that your character will hold as mini-events every now and again, decide what is and is not allowed in your character's kingdom. You are basically creating a log that details your character's reign.

No one is permitted to play more than one monarch at any given time. And if your character leaves the throne for whatever reason, you are not permitted to play another ruling character for three OOC months, whether they are sole or joint leader. This is just to keep things fair for everyone as a whole.

I Want To Play A Princess/Prince!

That is also perfectly fine! A prince or princess character does not have the same responsibilities as a monarch does, after all. However, if you decide to play a prince or princess from a kingdom, empire, etc; that already has a ruling character, you need to contact the monarch's player and see if that would be okay.

I Want To Play A Monarch's Counterpart!

If a country already has a queen, king, emperor, etc; and you decide you'd like to rule that country jointly with them, that is perfectly acceptable! However, you need to contact the other player and let them know what you would like to do. If they're fine with it, then I'm fine with it as well.

Can I Make A Noble?

You don't even have to ask; of course you can!
Back to top Go down
https://ogatia.forumotion.com

Playing Ruling (And Noble) Characters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ogatia :: Instruction Manual :: Guidebook-
Jump to: